There is a saying: Be careful what you wish for; It might just come true”. I think it was Aesop or was it Confucius? Either way, I wanted a chemo break and I have one. My levels weren’t high enough to receive treatment today. Neutrophils came in at 1.2
I can’t say I’m upset or disappointed. I think disconcerting would be the correct descriptive here. It took me a few weeks to wrap my head around the fact that a break wasn’t coming my way, and now that I have been given a week, I’m unsettled. Go figure. Maybe that’s my control speaking, as this wasn’t my decision. It was handed to me. So, I will do the mature thing, and take this in stride and will also take this as an opportunity to make new dishes, juice the heck out of everything, take my concoction of powders and drops and heal myself the good old fashioned way... With natural ingredients and self healing. After all, our bodies were created to heal themselves - we just need to give them a helping hand. I will also make sure that I enjoy activities with Steve and the kids while I renew my energy and watch the Olympics.
As for my next chemo treatment, I’m not sure what this means when I go back next week. By law, I didn’t meet the necessary neutrophil level to receive my current chemo dosage. If memory serves me correctly, the next round should have the dosage level lowered. But then again, my memory is fried so I might be wrong. I won’t worry about that, as worrying won’t change anything and next week is still seven days away.
I wish you all an incredible week... because I plan on having one myself.
Love, Angela xox

♥
ReplyDeletelove and light