Monday, 6 October 2014

Hello! Some updates...

Hello!  It’s been awhile…

Summer is over, the kids are back in school and Halloween is soon upon us.  Time certainly does fly!  I hope you’re all keeping well.  I have enjoyed not going for treatments or having the weekly round of shots but it has been a battle getting back on my feet again.  I have had my fair share of “off” days… nevertheless, a good day is always just around the corner.

 

A few things have changed from my last post.  I had my CT Scan on September 23 and the results have come in.  It’s still great news BUT there is a slight variation to my previous news.  Although no new abnormality has developed, there are some visible nodules showing.  It turns out that chemo can interfere with the results of a PET Scan.  Whereas the PET results stated there were no visible signs of cancer, the CT does confirm that the nodules on my peritoneal wall still exist.  They measured 7mm and 4mm in June and they are still unchanged.  It also says that my liver is normal and that no bony lesions are visible.  Terrific news!  The cancer is shrinking and is still contained.

 

I was to have my appointment with the surgeon on Monday October 6th, but as he has been called into surgery, so I have been rescheduled to Friday the 10th.  That meeting will be to discuss any concerns we have and to sign consent forms for surgery.  My appointment with the oncologist is on Tuesday – we will go over the CT Scan, my bloodwork and he will want to know the progress of booking surgery.  And herein lies my dilemma…I haven’t made up my mind yet about reversing the ileostomy. 

 

Crazy, no?!  Well, what can I say?  I am torn.  At the beginning of this journey, I had nothing to lose.  I was in a position where I was willing to try everything and anything if it meant getting my health and my life back.  I did that, I am still doing that, and now I find myself in the position of having everything to lose…again.  I write a list of pros and cons and the negatives still outweigh the positives.  As I type this, I am still at war in my head as to which decision I should make.  Why?  Because even though I have everything I need, I am lured with the notion of being “normal” again.  Regardless of my inner turmoil, I have gone with my gut instinct for most of this ride and I will continue to do so.  In the end, no matter what decision I make, it will be the right one.  The right one for me. 

 

Love, Angela  xox

 


 

 

 

1 comment: