Hello!
It’s been exactly one month since my last update… thank you for being patient with me. I have been meaning to write an update, but have had writer’s block. I honestly didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t be positive the first half of the month because I felt like a mac truck had hit me. I mentioned previously that it was harder to bounce back from the last rounds of chemo. I just didn’t think it would take this long to do so. But I am happy to report that my energy has been going uphill and each day proves to be better. I do have some off days… but they don’t keep me down for long. Now I just lack sleep and the lack of sleep is self-inflicted… we have a puppy! She's just over 8 weeks old - a mixed bag of shepherd, lab, border collie, bouvier bernois, blue heeler, etc. I drove up to Squamish on Friday and brought her home. As you can imagine, the kids are over the moon!! Steve is a marshmallow and as I am her primary caregiver, I have assumed the role of Alpha female (thank the good Lord). We are trying to teach the kids the ins and outs of what we have been learning about training a puppy. It’s not the same as having a full grown dog. Lots to learn, lots to teach and I know that it doesn’t happen overnight…. But wouldn’t it be great if they did learn overnight?!?
I have not been given a surgery date yet. I’m still waiting to hear from the surgeon’s office - “sometime in December” is all I have right now.
I have my 3 week appointment with the Oncologist this afternoon and I realize he won’t be pleased that a date hasn’t been set, but patience is a virtue and there really isn’t much else we can do but wait. At least we’ll be able to go over the lab results of my bloodwork from November 5th . I notice that my neutrophil levels and WBC levels are even lower than last month. I am also curious about my tumour markers – they don’t provide that to the patient – I have to obtain those results from the Oncologist directly.
I continue to juice and try new recipes. I have not plunged into the world of Raw Foods, but I have been researching it. I still crave and love the comfort food of a warm meal on a cold day. A salad and a smile doesn’t cut it for me. I have been making an effort to take time out for myself but the last few weeks have proved to be a bit challenging as there was so much to catch up on when I had my low month. I look forward to a slower paced week and I hear the weather is going to be beautiful all week… it’ll be cold, but it will be sunny.
I hope you all managed to stay warm in the cold winds at yesterday’s Remembrance Day ceremonies.
Lest we forget…

♥
ReplyDeletelove and light
��������
ReplyDelete