Hello…
It’s been 3 weeks since I came home from hospital and I’m happy to report that so far, all is good. I have been very careful with my diet to ensure that minimal chance of blockages can occur, although from what the doctors tell me, it isn’t so much as the food that caused the blockages but the adhesions causing the problem. So eating smaller portions and more meals throughout the day, might give me a better chance to digest and stretch the adhesions out a little. Unfortunately, should it happen again, I am to go back in to get it treated accordingly.
I had my appointment with my Oncologist on June 5th and I am ecstatic to inform you that I am another 3 months free of chemo treatments. The CT scan results from May 29th were different from what the results showed at the hospital. This scan did not mention the 13 mm lesion on my liver nor the large nodule on the lower right quadrant of my abdomen. The Oncologist is baffled and thinks that they might be scar tissue/necrosis from the old cancer sites. More importantly, the report states that the scan did not detect any “metastatic disease”.
I will see the Oncologist again in September, but he is going to hold off on doing anther CT scan then. I have had too many the last month and a half and he wants to give me a little more time before I get another. As long as my bloodwork is good, my tumor markers are normal and I’m feeling fine, he will decide in September what our next steps will be.
All in all, it has been good news going forward. This past weekend I participated in the Relay for Life. I was asked if I would consider donning a yellow t-shirt and walk the Survivor’s Victory Lap. Late Friday night, I decided I would. It was a beautiful day… hot, but beautiful and very emotional. I walked the Survivor’s Lap with Josef and Zofia, while Steve and Rose cheered us on. I think I cried most of the way. Then I joined an amazing team of coworkers and completed just over 6 km before calling it a day. I want to send out a very heartfelt thank you to those that came to my aid on Friday night with my last minute decision to participate and assisted me in my pledge. There are those that heard I entered the event and wished that I let them know so they could show their support for me. I promise that next year I’ll be more organized.
I wish you all a wonderful week and remember… the best things in life aren’t things!
Love, Angela
No comments:
Post a Comment