Tuesday, 22 September 2015

It's been awhile....

Hello… It’s been awhile…

I hope everyone had a terrific summer… the kids are all settled into their classes, the leaves are changing colour, routine is trying to make its way into our home but the sunshine still begs for our attention before it disappears.  

 

We had a very busy and fun filled jam packed summer this year.  I wanted this summer to be one that Josef and Zofia remembered… not so much as to erase the good ‘ol grey days of the previous two summers, but tried our hardest to make sure there was more laughter, loosey goosey days and great memories.  We spent most of our time camping, taking day trips, going on hikes, had wonderful family visits and sleepovers.  The old fashioned summers of exploring our own backyard, jumping into and floating down rivers, ice cream, Rummoli and movies.  I’m exhausted!   

 

I did meet with the Oncologist a few weeks ago, but our discussion was more on how our holidays were and how I was feeling.  There were no results to discuss as I did not have a CT Scan (it was delayed to give me that additional break from the radiation).  I am scheduled to go for one on October 22, which will be followed up by bloodwork and another appointment to see him and discuss those results.  For the most part, I am doing well.  My body has “aged” in that I have arthritic symptoms.  They are quite strong in the morning and tend to even out during the day.  There are good days and some days that I struggle, but I’m learning to adapt with these new physical challenges and I am grateful that I have only this to complain about.  I wake up thankful and grateful for the life I have, for the privilege and honour in sharing it with the ones I love.

 

I’m making a point of going for my walks everyday… I don’t need a reminder as Rose is right there at my heels, huffing in indignation if we are 5 minutes delayed in leaving the house.  The weekends are filled with soccer games and after the last round of torrential rain we had, it’s time to start making soups and stews for those cold wet nights.  

 

Thank you all for your loving messages, emails, phone calls and well wishes.  I cherish all of them.  You will never know just how much of a blessing it is to have you in my life.  I wish you all a wonderful week and I’ll be back again soon.  

Love, Angela

 

“The past, I think has helped me appreciate the present, and I don’t want to spoil any of it worrying about the future”.  Audrey Hepburn

 

 

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that you had a wonderful summer and you are feeling good! Thank you for your wonderful updates you are such an inspiration not only for your strength and courage but for your positive attitude! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. WIsh I could give you the biggest hug my sweet friend. Sending love and blessings to you and your gorgeous family!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete