Hello!
It’s been a long and busy month… a lot of ups and downs. Found myself struggling with some “plumbing” issues and those aches and pains I’ve been having haven’t really gone away. I manage to get my day to day chores done and some days, lucky to do just a little bit more. I’ve gone to the Oncologist and the Naturopath to discuss my current quandary and there really isn’t much that can be done about it. Dr. Natalie (my Naturopath) is trying a few different supplements to tackle the arthritic symptoms and am happy to say that although it might not be better, it definitely is not any worse. We were successful in getting my plumbing back on to a smoother road as well which is fabulous.
As I mentioned in my last post, I was scheduled for a CT scan on the 22nd . Turned out to be a full day as I was scheduled in for a “complete physical” all in one day. Scan, bloodwork and port flush. It was a long day and I was very tired at the end of it, both physically and emotionally. Maybe more emotionally than I cared to admit. Had myself a good nap is what I did, when Steve brought me home, and it definitely recharged my batteries.
I met with my Oncologist this week to discuss all the results of those tests from the 22nd and am very happy. My results were good. No significant changes were noted aside for one small addition. It seems there is a new mass that is adjacent to the right side of my uterus. This was not visible on my last CT that was done in May. The technician thinks that this could likely be a “subserosal fibroid”. I am not worried nor concerned about it, for the following reasons: My bloodwork is low, which isn’t surprising but to be honest, these numbers seem to be my “norm” anyway. My tumour markers are steady as well. There was no “abnormal adenopathy” noted which means that my lymph nodes are not enlarged. (The lymph nodes are a part of your immune system and are where immune cells mature to fight infection and unfamiliar substances). When they’re good, I’m good.
I met with Dr. Natalie and she performed a series of her own tests. My cells have more water and more energy than they have had in months – which means less toxins. My weight has been consistent (no fluctuations and more importantly, no weight loss). It’s all good. It’s great!
I am being scheduled for an MRI in the next few weeks so that they can assess my uterus and confirm the new mass is just what he suspects – a fibroid.
I hope you are all keeping well, that you’re healthy, happy and enjoying all life has to offer. I also want you to know that I treasure all of your words of love, your laughter, your prayers, your support and friendships. Without them I think I’d be lost. I missed wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving, and for that I am sorry. Because Thanksgiving happens to be my most favoured of all holidays. No presents… only presence. A night of good food, good company and good wine. A time specifically put aside to consciously be thankful, grateful and mindful. There are many things that I am thankful for, and having you in my life is one of them.
May you all have a spooky Halloween… may the rains hold off to enjoy a few hours of fun and laughter… and may you have a good night!
Love, Angela
Have you ever heard a song that gives you that little extra push just to get you through? A song that has a lyric, a sentence or a word that you can resonate with? I have a song that seems to come on, just when I need it to, and it gives me just enough to pull me out of the deeper holes that I sometimes have trouble climbing out of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc
Great to hear this! Thank you as always for sharing. (Printing this for my mom right now.) Loads of love from us both. You make my heart glow.
ReplyDeleteYou are truly amazing Angela the strongest person I know! Love you.
ReplyDeleteps. love the song and if you ask me, (you say you hear it every time you need a lift) I think it's your Dad sending you that message . xoxox