Thursday, 30 May 2013

Next steps!!

After a few steps back, today took a few steps forward. I had my Port-o-Cath training this morning. A very interesting process to allow me to take my chemo from hospital to home (a much more pleasant environment and I cannot tell you how much I distaste those blue gowns). On June 6 I will have it for bathing without worry about exposure or infection. And won't be noticeable unless I flash anyone.   When I arrive for chemo, a butterfly needle will be inserted into my chest, right where the self sealed portal is. The infusion begins!  Later that morning I went to the Ostomy supply store where an angel at RCH. This device will be implanted under my skin, in my chest, like an internal IV. Once the skin has healed over, I can go about my regular routine of a nurse outfitted me with a new appliance, as the current one was causing leaks and I had an allergic reaction to the adhesive.   She also cleaned and redressed my wound. I wept with relief and joy as for the first time I felt comfortable. No pain, itching, rashing, no mess. I go back tomorrow for a follow up. These women are amazing creatures and angels on earth! The comfort, relief and knowledge they provide is invaluable. My relief being so great, I actually slept over 2 hrs this afternoon. Evening has been capped with a delicious dinner by my personal chef (Steve) and finishing homework with the kids. Life is good people. There are bad days... But its not a bad life.  My love to all!  Xox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment