Monday, 12 August 2013

Learning patience and waiting....

My neutrophil levels are lower than last week (0.6) so I did not receive chemo treatment this week.
 
There seems to be a recurring theme here... If we go by what happened the last time, this would mean that next week should be a go.  I have already placed my order at the pharmacy for the Neupogen shots, and I can begin those on the third day of the next treatment.  The “on call” Oncologist that is taking over for my Oncologist while he is on vacation is uncomfortable with doing anything else except wait. 
 
So.... waiting is what we shall do.  There is a reason for everything.  Maybe it’s that I need to learn patience... or learn to give up control... or maybe it’s true and I really am just a delicate flower. 
 
Either way, I cannot complain.  It’s been a beautiful summer so far and again I have had a wonderful weekend.  Family that we have not seen in years drove in from Calgary and it has made me appreciate life more and more and grateful for second chances.  Gratitude is a vaccine, an antitoxin, and an antiseptic.  I am so grateful for all that I have!
 
Angela xox
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment