Monday, 5 August 2013

Simple pleasures and cherished moments.

This long weekend came with quite a few gifts:  spending time with Steve alone as the kids slept at Grandma’s house for two nights; having a shopping day with Mama and my Sister – something the three of us have not done in forever; the honour of witnessing two people promising to spend their lives together as one; the carefree moments of dancing with a soul sister; and cherished moments of dancing with my husband.  It’s been a beautiful weekend and one that I can smile back on whenTuesday morning comes with a dose of reality. 
I completed my blood work on Sunday and will head to the Fraser Centre for chemo that is scheduled for 8:15 am tomorrow morning.  Again, as the routine goes, only when I arrive at the clinic will I be told whether my levels and counts are high enough to get treatment or whether I will be given a “pass” until the following week.  I will send out the verdict once I know, but in the meantime, there is still too much to do.  In the fabulous words of Maya Angelou, “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humour and some style.”
 
Angela xox

No comments:

Post a Comment