So much has happened in the last two weeks. We had the wonderful surprise of family flying in from California .... the weather was great, the visits with cousins, Aunts and Uncles were amazing and being surrounded by their love, support and hope was the best medicine I could have asked for. There was also the Terry Fox Run and I am humbled by watching and hearing how my children, my nieces and my nephews and their supportive friends ran in my honour. I am humbled and so thankful for these blessings.
I cannot say this fifth round of chemo was awful, but it is getting more intense. I suspect that this is because there was no delay in between treatments for me to recuperate as I had done in the past. I am tired and there are definitely more aches and pains that came with this round of chemo and shots. I am forever thankful and grateful that I am able to get around as much as I still do and I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through particularly rough days so far, is 100%. And that’s a good thing.
I am booked to have a CT scan on October 15 ... that should give us an idea as to whether or not we have success in containing or shrinking the cancer. In the meantime, blood test results have come back for the tumour markers and again, it’s encouraging news. They are even lower than before:
CA 125 is now 9 (normal is <35)
CA 19-9 is now 3 (normal is <37)
CEA is now 0.5 (normal is <5)
I am continually reminded by the Cancer Agency that these markers are indications only and although they are “normal”, to remember that the CT Scan is what will provide concrete results as to the containment or spread. I have visions of the Oncologist and the rest of his medical team reviewing the results of the CT Scan when it comes in and wonder in disbelief as to where all the cancer went. These daydreams put a smile on my face because I truly believe that things are changing. For the better.
As for this weather? We will see the sunshine again (when it’s good and ready), but even in the clouds and rain there’s something to appreciate. I love the Fall... sweaters and boots, snuggling under the covers, reading a book, watching a movie and having the fireplace come to life again. I have been busy making chicken soup, butternut squash soup, cheese biscuits and apple muffins, to name a few dishes that not only waters the mouth, but the aromas filling the house bring comfort. After all, food is love...
“May the best of your past, be the worst in your future”.
you are amazing!!!!
ReplyDeletelove and light