Tomorrow is the first day of school.... I hope everyone is as excited as I am! I always loved the start of school – brand new pencil crayons, fresh textbooks, everything shiny and new... the kids are excited to see their friends and are curious enough to know who their new teacher will be, but that’s about it. No amount of shiny, new objects is going to sway them from trying to figure out how they can extend summer vacation.
Tomorrow is also chemo day... Since today was a holiday, and I had my blood work done yesterday, I was able to go online and check my levels before I get to the Cancer Agency. My levels are at .5.
How come... what they heck... there must be a mistake... I don’t know what to tell you. What can I say that would make any sense. I don’t know what happened. I took all five Neupogen shots which are supposed to help me produce the white blood cells so that there aren’t any delays. There could be an error, but if there is, I won’t know about it until tomorrow morning.
I am fully prepared to be told I will not have any treatment. There really isn’t anything I can be upset over – I have done everything that I need to do to stay strong. I am putting my body into a “catatonic state” (starving the cancer of all sugars and carbs). I am juicing, I am blending, I am protein powdering, I am exercising, I am meditating and I am praying. I have everyone’s love and support. Above all, I have faith.
My daughter’s best girlfriend made me a gift that I see every morning when I walk into the kitchen. A beautiful and thoughtful gesture from a very wonderful, special little girl, who is extremely talented. I’ve attached the art she made for me and am sharing it with you, as I think that this mantra could be used by everyone, not just me.
Angela xox

No comments:
Post a Comment