Monday, 14 October 2013

Happy thanksgiving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!   
 
My favourite holiday is upon us... Thanksgiving.  I love this weekend because it’s a reminder to take stock of what a beautiful life we have.  To appreciate the rich and bold colours of the fall, to enjoy a holiday filled with good food, wonderful family and friends... one that it isn’t overshadowed by gifts, mall shopping, and materialistic finds.  It means what it states.  Being Thankful.  And I am in a position at this time of my life, where I cannot afford to take anything for granted.  It has become a necessity for me to count my blessings and appreciate all that I have been given and all that I have.  We were graced with the beauty of two visitors this week that definitely took my breathe away (and no, they didn’t stay for dinner). 
 
It’s been six months now and I must say, patience is definitely a virtue!  On Tuesday, October 15th, I go in for my CT Scan.  I have had my sixth treatment and can now have the scan to see if we have containment, shrinkage or maybe even a good old fashioned disappearing act!   I keep saying that worrying won’t fix anything.  And it won’t.  I keeping saying that with faith, anything is possible.  And it’s true.  I have every reason to be optimistic and believe that good news is ahead.  I struggle to keep my emotions in check this weekend, because I keep seeing signs of hope, faith, trust and love... at a time when I need it the most. 
 
I wish you all a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving weekend.  May it be filled with love and laughter... good food, good wine and good company...  and may you never let the things you want, make you forget the things that you have.
 
Thank you all, forever and sincerely, for being one of my many blessings!
 
Angela xox
 
 
  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Loving your outlook, loving you, and looking forward to shrinkage!!! Love this holiday too. Thinking of you constantly... xxoo

    ReplyDelete