Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Peace, love and happiness

Hello!
 
Well, Friday’s appointment with the Oncologist did not go as I imagined.  I had anticipated a discussion about a “Body Break” from the chemo treatment.  But in the course of the 3 week interval since I saw the Doctor last, I gained 4 lbs and looked much better than the last time he saw me; so I was advised there will be no “chemo holiday” for me right now.  And in light of that decision, I did receive treatment on Monday.  The side effects are coming on fast and furious on the first night.  But each day is better than the last. 
 
I still have a CT Scan booked forDecember 23rd, but the Oncologist is on vacation between Christmas and the New Year, so I won’t hear my results of that scan until after the New Year. 
 
And with January 1st being a stat holiday, it conflicts with my disconnect from chemo, so they’ve bumped me a day and I will receive my 12th round of treatment on December 31st.  Not an outcome that I had hoped, but again, I am blessed in so many other ways, that it makes no sense to dwell on the negative.
 
Time is flying so fast and I often ponder what I do with my days.  I’ve come to the conclusion that healing myself has become my new full time job and would not be able to do so without Steve, my Mama, my Mom-in-law, the children and my Army of Angels... and for that, I am eternally grateful!
 
With seven days to Christmas, the house is now decked out and the gift wrapping and Christmas Card mail-out crunch has begun, along with the much anticipated Christmas dinners.  There is still much to prepare and do, but am trying to scale things back and bring the holiday back to what it really means:  peace, love, and happiness.  I have found that and I urge you to find and enjoy yours.
 
Love, Angela xox
 

1 comment: