Sunday, 29 December 2013

To the new year!

I hope you all had a beautiful and blessed Christmas!  Ours was a busy one but we will now hibernate ourselves and enjoy the peace and quiet, Junior Hockey and turkey soup.
 
My CT Scan that was scheduled for Dec 23rd was cancelled 30 mins after Steve and I arrived and finished filling out the forms.  Apparently the radiologist stated he wouldn’t do the scan again for me without the dye.  You may recall that my scan in October was performed without the dye because of a reaction that I had when I received it in July.  I was disappointed and upset only because I figured there was no way that I could possibly get a scan and receive the results before the New Year.  But as Steve and I left the Jimmy Pattison Pavilion, a rainbow showed itself and disappeared just as quickly as it came.  I took it as a sign and let the negativity go.  An hour after arriving home, the Radiology Dept. called and booked me in to Surrey Memorial Hospital for a CT Scan the following morning.  I would be medicated prior to receiving the dye and monitored after the scan to ensure no reactions take place.  Everything went as planned.  It took awhile for me to shake off the effects of the meds, but I managed to make it to Christmas Eve dinner. 
 
I had my appointment with the Naturopath on the 26th. She does an amazing diagnostic test of the cells in my body.  She can measure my cells’ energy, oxygen level, bone health and whether or not mucus is covering the cells so that all the vitamins, minerals and supplements can be absorbed.  The tests results were very promising.  She said that although my numbers might be a lower than where they should be, they are still higher than she anticipated.  She mentioned that some of her clients that come to see her, without cancer and without chemo treatment, score the numbers that I had.  I lost 1.6 pounds since I last weighed in, but I did not lose in fat, I lost in muscle.  She gave me some new protein powder to add to my regiment, to assist in healing and protecting my muscles.  I need to get back to my exercise regime, something I haven’t been doing as my energy levels were low.  She also advised to take Chlorella so that the dye would flush out of my system quicker and assist my kidneys so they don’t work overtime. 
 
New Year’s Eve is approaching and I am scheduled for chemo treatment that day.  It’s not exactly the way I had planned to end the year but I guess Round 12 is as good a number as any.  In a boxing match, Round 12 would be the final round.  Maybe my miracle will come early and the cancer will be knocked out.  I am keeping positive and am filled with hope and belief, and trust that the results will yield positive ones.  I cannot say that 2013 was horrible.  Too many blessings and goodness happened amongst all the ugliness and trying times.  But I do welcome the New Year...  one filled with so many possibilities.  Afterall, Life is Made of Miracles!  May your New Year be filled with many of them.
 
Love, Angela
 
 
May your week and weekend be full...

2 comments:

  1. You, my dear wonderful friend, are amazing. There is so much to say, but I am just left speechless, as always, by you. If I have anything to wish for, for 2014, it is that all your wishes, and Steve's wishes, and your children's wishes, come true. (And your Mom's wishes, and all your family's and all your friends... you get it.) I will be bugging you in person soon! (I hope!) Love you. Thank you again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete