Happy Spring! What a beautiful day!
Well, I received some results from the last few tests I had done. My blood work was good. My X-ray showed that there is no growth or lesions in my lungs. But my tumour markers did come in a few points higher than last time. The numbers aren't drastic, but they did cause me some alarm.
The colon marker was -0.5. It's now at 1.5
The pancreatic marker was 2. It's now at 6
The ovarian marker was 8. It's now at 9
I could read a lot into this and start worrying, but that won't help. After all, increasing stress levels just makes things worse and I am still well below the requirement to raise flags. It could be a number of things... I did increase protein and fat into my diet so that I would gain and maintain weight. I succeeded in that area (managed to get up to 140 lbs) although short lived as I am now back to 132 lbs. Instead of starving the cancer, I may have given it something to feed off of. If I look at the whole picture, I needed to get stronger and build up muscle. To do that, I needed to adjust a few things. I just haven't found the right balance yet. I was disappointed and upset when I read the numbers, but I have to remember this isn't over. Not by a long shot. I have a CT scan booked for Monday, so I will wait to hear what those results yield instead. I also have an appointment with my Naturopath tomorrow and she is a great blessing in this area. We will see what her tests reveal as well.
Well, I received some results from the last few tests I had done. My blood work was good. My X-ray showed that there is no growth or lesions in my lungs. But my tumour markers did come in a few points higher than last time. The numbers aren't drastic, but they did cause me some alarm.
The colon marker was -0.5. It's now at 1.5
The pancreatic marker was 2. It's now at 6
The ovarian marker was 8. It's now at 9
I could read a lot into this and start worrying, but that won't help. After all, increasing stress levels just makes things worse and I am still well below the requirement to raise flags. It could be a number of things... I did increase protein and fat into my diet so that I would gain and maintain weight. I succeeded in that area (managed to get up to 140 lbs) although short lived as I am now back to 132 lbs. Instead of starving the cancer, I may have given it something to feed off of. If I look at the whole picture, I needed to get stronger and build up muscle. To do that, I needed to adjust a few things. I just haven't found the right balance yet. I was disappointed and upset when I read the numbers, but I have to remember this isn't over. Not by a long shot. I have a CT scan booked for Monday, so I will wait to hear what those results yield instead. I also have an appointment with my Naturopath tomorrow and she is a great blessing in this area. We will see what her tests reveal as well.
Wishing you all a beautiful evening!

I was wondering where you were... "Hmmm, how's Angela doing? I don't think she's posted in a bit. Better start harassment." And phew! Here you are posting. Good!
ReplyDeleteI love how you focus on the big game plan. I myself have a hard time tripping over the details, getting mired in the gullies of the right now. Thanks for being such a great teacher.
And wasn't today beautiful? Snow on the mountains, flowers on the ground, trees budding and while a bit chilly, blinding sunshine! Wow. Got to take a walk around Spanish Banks and listened to the waves while the sky, mountains and water blended together all silvery-peachy-blue. It was bliss.
Wishing you love and a great time with the pleasant little things while you rock the big game. xxoo Bo