Monday, 17 March 2014
Hello!!
Hello!
Sorry for the disappearing act... It has definitely been a trying and challenging two weeks. The usual struggle with treatment, came with a head and chest cold. The beginnings of strep throat and a sinus infection. The couch and I got know each other very well, and daytime tv is terrible! To top it off, our hard drive on the laptop crashed. I didn't realize just how much we relied and depended on it. Two years of documents, photos, etc... Poof! That being said, I have regained my balance, physical and emotional, just in time for chemo tomorrow.
I had my regular follow up with the Oncologist on Friday and he does have some concerns that the chemo is starting to take a toll on my body. A lot more intense reactions and side effects. I had an X-ray to be sure my lungs were still clear. I will know the results of that next week. And we have a CT scan scheduled for March 24th. After we see those results, a decision will be made as to whether or not we have a break or possibly lower the dosage. But, if I can still manage it, treatment may continue status quo. All this and more, to be decided on in a few weeks.
The kids are now on Spring Break and I relish in the fact that I won't have to make and pack school lunches for two weeks. And anyone who has a child that does not eat their lunch will know exactly what I'm talking about.
Regardless of the struggles, life is still good. I can still find a reason to smile and laugh each day.
For those of you headed out on a spring break adventure, I wish you a safe and happy trip. And those that are sticking close to home, like us, relax and enjoy in simple pleasures. Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today.
May you know how forever thankful and grateful I am for all your love, prayers, support and generosity.
Love, Angela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment