Thursday, 27 March 2014

Moving my mountain, one shovel at a time!

Hello!
Monday and Tuesday came and went, all in a blur.  The meds given to me on Monday for the CT scan to counteract the dye's reaction was a doozy and I have only started to get my bearings back today.
No results yet from the scan... And suspect I won't get them until Monday.  I will make one more phone call to see if they managed to complete them before the weekend, but I won't hold my breath.  The technician told me they were back-logged and turn around isn't as quick as they'd like it to be.
I met with my Naturopath, and she did her own diagnostic test on me.  Although she is pleased that I have managed to maintain my weight gain, I have lost more muscle again.  I definitely need to start a workout regime that will aid in muscle building, but not burn too much of my calorie intake.  Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me, but I'm thinking weights might be a start.  Her other focus was the amount of water in my cells.  About 60 - 80% of a cell is water. The more water, the less toxins.  In my case, she was pleased that the amount of water present has increased from my last test.  It was only by a few points, but that's a movement in the right direction.  Someone told me once that "you can move a mountain... One shovel at a time."  It might be slow, but it can be done.
I have been reading a book by Dr. Keith Block, called Life Over Cancer.  It's a terrific source of information and has convinced me that I am on the right path.  An integrative treatment plan is what I have advocated from day one, and he not only explains everything in detail but has also proved that it can make a difference and it works  Conventional treatment (surgery, chemo and or radiation) combined with different disciplines of diet, exercise to mind-spirit techniques and natural medicines. It's what I have been doing and will continue to do.  I strongly recommend this book.  You have to love it when he states from the very first pages "...as an empowered individual, you should not use statistics to dictate your chances of survival...they need not apply to you."  
I am scheduled for chemo on Monday.  I will touch base again as soon as I receive results of the scan.  I am looking forward to sharing some good news.

Love, Angela


Sent from my iPad

1 comment: