My “vacation” officially ended yesterday. I received a call from the chemo room – they bumped my treatment. Whereas I was scheduled to get treatment today, I am now getting it tomorrow. The time has since been changed twice, but it looks like the 11:30 am time slot is sticking.
I mentioned in my last post that the surgeon wanted to schedule a colonoscopy – and he did. I had the procedure done yesterday morning. I didn’t speak with him afterwards – I was just advised by the nurse that he took a sample for biopsy and that his office would call me to make an appointment to discuss results.
The afternoon ended with an appointment at the cancer agency to meet with my oncologist. The results of the bloodwork I had done earlier were in and it held spectacular news: Neutrophils are 5.9 ! Yes, you read that correctly my friends… 5 point freaking 9!
I met with my naturopath and she too gave me a battery of tests. She is extremely pleased with the numbers. All of them have gone up. Looks like “vacation” agrees with me.
What can I say? I had a wonderful month of July. The days were filled and at the end of every one of them, I fell into bed exhausted! But the exhaustion was from living life – not from treatment or medications. What a feeling! Not all days were perfect but I didn’t expect them to be either. At times, I thought I could conquer the world (and secretly, sometimes it felt like I did). There was a time when I was watching my world fall apart… but this summer has proved to me that it’s still intact. Yes, there are cracks and dents – cracks can be repaired and dents add character - but more importantly, it’s not broken.
Enjoy the sunshine and I’ll chat with you again very soon.
Love, Angela xox
Life is better when you’re laughing.
♥♥♥
ReplyDeletethis makes me so happy
love and light