Monday, 30 June 2014

Happy Canada Day

My neutrophil levels were only at 1.0 today, so I did not receive chemo treatment.  I was given the option to return next Monday and have round 24 and delay my chemo break or start my break immediately.  I chose the latter.  I am now off treatment for the full month of July!  I am happy and at the same time nervous… only because chemo was my “back up” for ensuring the cancer did not spread.  Over this last year, many times I was tasked with the responsibility of making a decision that nobody could make for me.  Oh the trials of being an adult and not a child, where someone could do that for you.  But I had a little help this time … my body is telling me it needs a break and going to listen to her.

I’m more than tired – I’m exhausted.  And I’m more than uncomfortable – I am in pain.  There is still more good than bad and I am still managing.  But it’s a struggle and I need to recuperate.  Although I have been diligent in my diet and supplements, this month will be strict.  It’s my first chemo break and I don’t want to have any setbacks.  If I am successful on this break, it could mean the start to many more down the road for me when I request them.

 

There is one last housekeeping issue to complete before my “holiday” begins.  I am scheduled for a bone scan July 2nd.  The scan was ordered by the oncologist to ensure that nothing has spread in my hip or leg bones.  I anticipate only positive results.

 

That business being said… what a beautiful day to start a “holiday”.   It’s Canada’s birthday tomorrow… Happy Birthday ol’ Girl!  She looks beautiful for her age, doesn’t she?   I’m wishing you all a Happy Canada Day!  May your days be merry and your worries be light.  May your wishes come true and laughter and happiness always surround you.  Enjoy your summer … make beautiful memories! 

 

Love always,

Angela

 


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Angela, so glad to see that things are looking good....relax and enjoy your time with Steve and the kids and let your body get stronger. My Birthday wish for you is Health, Health and more Health!!!! My mom used to say the rosary for you every day and I'm sure she is now saying it up in heaven. Love you and sending you all our most heartfelt wishes for a great year ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete