December 21
It's Winter Solstice. The time of new beginnings. It's also the fIrst time I have been able to put thought to paper without using all my faculties to focus. I apologize for the silence, but there was nothing I could say. I feel like I'm coming through the trees, the fog is lifting and there is some sun trying to burn through.
My body feels like it has gone through hell and I thank God it is coming back. There are so many different sensations, pains, urges with having my bowels joined again. Will it ever be smooth sailing? I have no idea. But the sheer miracle of having my body put back together, having it work as one whole entity again is so emotional and overwhelming. A little sleep would probably help all this weeping. Right now I'm trying to get through each day. That's a far cry from earlier this week trying to survive each hour and at times each minute.
I have been getting better everyday and if I continue at this pace they'll send me home tomorrow. December 22. I am going home! I have been seen by the doctor's and they say I am ready to go home. There are still staples to remove, IV/Ports to disconnect, I get trained on giving myself blood thinner shots (30 days worth) and then paperwork and prescriptions. I'll be home for Christmas! I honestly thought it was only going to be in my dreams. My eternal gratitude to you all for your love, prayers and support. Xox
No comments:
Post a Comment