Wednesday, 10 December 2014

The eve of surgery day ....

Hello everyone!

Well, it’s the eve of surgery and I would love to say that I am fully prepared and ready for it and for the holidays, but that would be asking a lot.  There’s always something that needs to be done and if I could squeeze in a few more hours to finish it, I’d probably just come up with more to do – at least that’s something I have a habit of doing.  So it’s safe to say that whatever didn’t get done will have to be dealt with when I get back.  And that’s not to say that it wasn’t important or was at the bottom of the “to do” list.  For me, it was just that there wasn’t enough energy in the day. 

I had my pre-op appointment on Friday and true to their word, it was lengthy and tiring… but it was fruitful.  I spent time with the nurse providing her with my medical history and a list of all the medications and supplements I take (there are quite a few).  She gave me the run down on what surgery day will look like and what I needed to do to prep for the big day.  I need to fast for 24 hours prior – so I have been living on broth, juice and jello for the last 12 hours… 14 more hours to go before I get hooked up to an IV and it just won’t matter anymore.  My bloodwork came back and showed that my neutrophils have gone up to 1.8.  Still low for regular standards, but high for me, so I am pleased.  I had an ECG and X-rays and I met with the Anesthesiologist.  Tomorrow I check in and register at the hospital (St. Paul’s) at 10:30 am and surgery is scheduled for 12:30 pm.  I will have my blackberry with me and will personally send a post as soon as I am able to, but until then, I will ask Kelli to post for me, as she did last time, and let you know that all is well. 

This blog has given me the opportunity to connect with you all even when I cannot do so in person and to thank you all for your messages of love and support; your prayers; your gifts; and your friendships.  It gives me a way to send you my heartfelt wishes of peace and love, health and happiness.  I still get overwhelmed with your unending generosity and I get emotional when I think of all your love and support. I am blessed a million times over and the only way I can think to repay it all, it to pay it forward.

I have spent most of this week preparing the house for Christmas and I am hopeful that my recovery will be swift and I will be home in plenty of time to enjoy it all.  Many many years ago, I found a poem that I loved and traditionally sent it out on the last day of work before the holidays.  Oh how I love tradition…

Wishing you and your families a very blessed and beautiful Christmas and a New Year filled with love, peace and happiness.  Your friendships, your love and support have been everything to me and I thank you, forever and sincerely, for keeping me in your prayers. 

Love, Angela

 

My Christmas Wish For You

 

by Ruth Kephart

 

My Christmas wish for you, my friend
Is not a simple one
For I wish you hope and joy and peace
Days filled with warmth and sun

I wish you love and friendship too
Throughout the coming year
Lots of laughter and happiness
To fill your world with cheer

May you count your blessings, one by one
And when totaled by the lot
May you find all you've been given
To be more than what you sought

May your journeys be short, your burdens light

May your spirit never grow old
May all your clouds have silver linings
And your rainbows pots of gold

I wish this all and so much more
May all your dreams come true
May you have a Merry Christmas friend
And a happy New Year, too ..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment