Monday, 11 May 2015

Bronchitis

Good morning. I have been meaning to send an update for some time now but a few things got in the way.  Please excuse the possible rambling but morphine and gravol make me dizzy and sleepy. 

Earlier this month I came down with bronchitis. While trying to recover from that, I managed to get a bowel obstruction. I was in hospital for 4 days and was discharged on May 2nd.  During that stay, my hemoglobin dropped and I needed a blood transfusion. I also underwent a Sigmoidoscopy (sp?), Xrays and a CT scan. 

Unfortunately, on Saturday afternoon the symptoms returned and as of 1am this morning, I have returned to the Emergency Room because the debilitating pains and continuous vomiting returned. 

 The CT scan showed possible new growth but I was waiting to see my Oncologist to discuss it.  I was unable to see my Oncologist last week because he is sick too.  I am scheduled on Tuesday to meet with his "on call" stand-in, but I won't be able to make that appt unless by some miracle I get out of here within 24 hrs. 

I will call my surgeon today and provide him an update as well. I don't know what's going on and I need a little more clarity on exactly what blockage I may have and proper instructions as to how to deal with it. I thought I was doing everything right. After I came home last week, I had a fairly good week - although hungry and weak. I started off with full fluids and move on to low soluble fibre. I can't afford to lose anymore weight... but maybe I did start in on the solids and fibre too soon. 

I had intentions to send out a couple of recipes that many have asked me for, and relay to you how "being mindful" has changed my outlook on life. I will post them. My brain is just billowed in fog right now so will have to wait for my next update. 

I hope you are all keeping well and your lives are happy and healthy. Until next time, enjoy and immerse yourselves in each moment. Relish how blessed we are to be here and give thanks for all the blessings surrounding us. 

Love, Angela



1 comment: