My life is BRILLIANT... in a complicated way.
The Doctor came by this morning and the good news is, that she is postponing the transfer to RCH and surgery. I was successful late last night in passing stools and gas, as well as this morning. Although small, it is a step in the right direction. The output from the NG Tube is now yellow, not green. This is also good.
When she checked my belly, it's softer and I no longer jump off the bed in pain. And she can hear "movement" when she listened with her stethoscope.
Next steps: they will clamp off the tube at some point this afternoon and see how my bowels respond. I still need to empty the remainder. If I do well with the clamping, they will remove the tube (which I am waiting for with anticipation). It's getting more difficult to speak or swallow with it and I've started coughing from the dryness and irritation.
I want to say thank you to everyone for your love, prayers, messages, good thoughts, and magical karma for me and my family as we go through this next "adventure". I am keeping an open mind ...although this wasn't an ideal situation and one that caused anxiety, it also might have been the lesser of two choices. It could have been worse. And that is the positive way I will look at it. We take what comes and it makes us stronger.
I wish you all a beautiful long weekend. I'll keep you abreast of any new changes that come, but in the meantime, I will just rest and build my strength so I can go home.
It's all good! Always is... always will be.
Love Angela
No comments:
Post a Comment