Friday, 19 July 2013

"Hit me with you best shot! Fire away!"

Good news!  My neutrophil counts are up – 1.4 to be exact and I have until Sundayto get them to 1.5 so that I can receive my 2nd round of chemo on Monday.
There will be some changes though... the dosage will be lowered.  Although I managed to ride out the side effects of the full dose surprisingly well, for some reason my bone marrow isn’t strong enough to fight back quickly enough.  So, at the risk of continuing to miss treatments, we will start with the lower dosage and work up from there.  Should I still have a hard time replenishing the neutrophils on my own, I will then look into having injections to help my bone marrow jump start the production for me (but I hope that will not be necessary).
 
I meant to have this posted earlier, but I have to tell you that the days that I have my appointments at the clinic are hard for me.  It’s emotionally draining and challenges me mentally.  But I have some friendly words of advice... Never let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do.  Everyone has a choice.  And it’s my choice to prove a few doctors wrong. 
 
Angela xox
 
Wonderful verse 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I think this is your best post yet -- and there have been plenty of awesome ones so far.

    YOU ROCK!!!! And I, for one, will hold any doctor down while you give him (or her) a few good kicks!

    LOVE YOU!!!!
    Bo

    ReplyDelete