No chemo this week.
My chemo has been delayed again because my neutrophil counts are even lower than last week. I have been told this is not unusual... unfortunate, yes, but not unusual. Even though I have been feeling better, slowly getting more active and my hemoglobin is higher, neutrophil counts must be at least 1.5 before I can receive the next dose. This could mean that my chemo’s “cocktail mix” is too strong and may need to be changed. It could also mean I may be fighting an infection. Not sure where, but that is one of the causes.
I have an appointment with the Oncologist and more blood work at the lab on Thursday . We will discuss possible change to the drug dosage or possible injections to increase the neutrophils... so much to discuss. In the meantime, it’s a beautiful day and I will be trying to enjoy it and not let this news affect me negatively. Staying positive is key.
Angela xox
“If what’s ahead scares you, and what’s behind hurts you, just look above... He never fails to help you”.
Sorry to hear it sweetheart.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are staying positive. What a trooper!!
And because this can never be said too much: love you!!!
♥
ReplyDeletelove and light