Friday, 5 July 2013

Second round of chemo starts Monday July 8th

My second week is almost over and I head into my second round of chemo on Monday.
 
Yesterday’s CT scan went smoothly and am waiting to hear the results.  As I mentioned, the doctors will use those images as a marker for deciding if the cocktail mix for the first line of chemo is working.  I still have an additional ingredient that has not been administered and I will receive that on July 22nd. 
 
I cannot complain about these last two weeks ... I have gained another two pounds and feel good. Yes, I have had a few slow mornings and I am tired at the end of the day, but I have fared well with the side effects I endured, and as of today, I have even gotten back behind the wheel.  That’s right... Look at me! I’m driving!
 
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all.
 
                   Emily Dickenson

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ang -- that is sooo wonderful to hear!

    And thank you again (and to Kelli too) for sharing this with us. Means a lot.

    Love you!!!!!
    Bo

    ReplyDelete